Here at Reading With Results, we’ve got our dyslexia tutoring program down to a science. With well over 20 years of combined experience working with and tutoring dyslexic children, we’ve refined our tutoring program to ensure success with every child that we work with.
Each case of dyslexia can be a little different, but with our methods, any child who walks through our doors can learn better reading and writing skills. Want to find out how our dyslexia tutoring program works? Keep reading to find out!
A Dyslexia Tutoring Program Starts With The Barton Method
Our dyslexia tutoring program is based on the research provided by The Orton-Gillingham Systems, widely recognized as the only successful way to work with and teach dyslexic individuals.
We achieve consistent results because we are consistent with our method. It produces achievable, sustainable results time after time. Our method ensures that:
- We provide one on one instruction with the student at least twice a week
- We customize our lessons to help students progress as quickly as possible, but as slowly as they need
- We provide year-round instruction to help prevent and close learning gaps
- We provide instruction and preparation for those not yet ready to undertake Orton-Gillingham systems
Closely following all of these goals that we set for ourselves has helped us achieve success with all of our students, no matter how long it may take.
A Dyslexia Tutoring Program Must Be One on One
When providing a dyslexia tutoring program, it’s extremely important that you focus solely on one on one education. Dyslexic students often struggle in school because they don’t receive the individualized attention that they need. A typical one on one tutoring session will look something like this:
- Progress through various sequences of reading exercises ranging from easy to difficult
- A multisensory approach that includes writing and speaking exercises
- Periodic testing to ensure the mastery of previous concepts
- Focusing on individual talents and strengths to help them succeed at concepts they struggle with
The individualized approach of our dyslexia tutoring program allows us to focus on what each specific student needs, so we can streamline their learning process and allow them to succeed as quickly as possible.
Contact Reading With Results Today!
If you or your child struggles with dyslexia, it’s important to know how a tutoring program works. Having these expectations when first coming into tutoring will allow you or your child to better prepare for the work you’ll be doing here at Reading With Results.
In short, our program works because we adhere to the strict guidelines we set for ourselves. These guidelines and methods are evidence based and lead to success with each student, no matter how hard they’re struggling.
If you or your child are interested in our top of the line tutoring, contact us today!